This article is designed to help participants that have participated in OTI projects that were organised by any organisation within OTI network and it's subisidiaries.
This guide is to help you organise your travel documents and travel cost statement in order for you to submit it for reimbursement as correctly as possible to our Accounting Department. The procedures described in this article are applied for any project that has been either funded by own resources, Erasmus+, Europe For Citizens, Creative Europe or other Horizon 2020 related funding schemes.
The Travel Cost Statement has instructions on how to complete it inside the excel file itself. The travel documents that should be accompanying the excel file should be all means of public transport from your home to the venue of the project activity.
- Flight Ticket:
The Accounts Department has established a policy that Private Travel Agencies will not be considered to be reimbursable anymore because of profiteering above real costs. Erasmus+ is very strict on the cost policies that all costs need to be value for money and cost efficient. The Account Deparment has the right to reduce or reject any flight cost if it is considered not to be value for money. Before purchasing any flight ticket you must submit HERE 3 available options for approval.
Flight Tickets eligible for reimbursement are only online bookings from any available online flight booking platform.
In very rare cases that has been agreed prior to purchase of flight tickets, travel agencies may be approved, but again reasonable explanation as value for money needs to be kept.
For any eligible Flight Ticket to be reimbursed by the Accounts Department at least the following must be accompanying the Travel Cost Statement:
- Flight Booking Invoice including the name of passenger, PNR Booking Code, From/To, Flight Number, Dates of Travel, Price (in any currency), Date of issue, Airline Name, Purchase details etc. This can be submitted to the Accounts Department via the online platform.
- At least ONE (1) Boarding Passes for each flight. The arrival boarding pass and the return boarding pass. If more than one flight was used to get from your home to the venue then for each flight you need to submit 1 boarding pass. Each boarding pass needs to indicate the flight time and date, name of passenger, from/to, seat number, boarding bar code and other travel details usually printed on a baording pass. If the boarding pass is issued originally online, then these should be attached to the online platform with the Travel Cost Statement. If the boarding pass was issued as a hard copy (paper boarding card), then these must be scanned at attached to the online platform with the Travel Cost Statement and after sent by post mail with all the other hardcopy original travel documents needed.
- International Rail Services / ICE / Eurostar etc:
For any eligible International Rail service to be reimbursed you must provide and attach on the online platform with the Travel Cost Statement:
- Booking Invoice including the name of passenger, Booking Reference, From/To, Dates of Travel, Price (in any currency), Date of issue, Rail Name, Purchase details etc. or
- Boarding Ticket for each jounrey. The arrival boarding ticket and the return boarding ticket or any other valid travel ticket of the journey. This document should indicate, ticket number, From/To, Dates of Travel, Price (in any currency), Date of issue, Rail Name, Purchase details etc.
- Other Costs:
- No other costs are eligible for travel reimbursement unless agreed with the hosting organisation prior to purchase.